Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Star

...and we lived happily ever after.
The balloons took to the air as their cords were cut. The pack flew vigorously at first; then started their gentle ascent as they began to disperse, following their own path yet still keeping an intimate distance to one another. I was following their flight with my gaze when I suddenly noticed a lone red balloon that was left behind. It was showing the initial vigor when the other balloons were released despite the fact that it was all alone in space. It seems to be struggling to catch up with the rest, as if suddenly longing for the warm touch (or smell) of rubber next to it. In my mind I can hear it hollering 'wait for me!!!' to the first balloons that were now beginning to look like M&Ms in the night sky, their strings beckoning the red balloon to hurry up. In a few moments they were gone, lost in the their own personal journeys. Some will stick together, others will cut their own path. Some will look forward to the stars, while others will look back and remember when we were balloons...
...once upon a time.

I, I'm a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight...
-Foo Fighters, Times Like These
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?