Tuesday, February 12, 2008

29 in Italics

29. It's hard to believe that it's been almost 3 decades now since I was born.
It's been a great ride so far (to be honest, I really think most people if not all, think their life to be good or great). True there had been a lot of low-points in my 29 years, but they're just icing to the cake. Hellos can lead to good-byes, but tears also pave the way to smiles. And while in the past I tend to make a list of lessons and accomplishments, this year I am listing down the things that I am pondering about.

Marriage and Fatherhood (not anytime soon)
Friend: Can you imagine yourself getting married?
Me: Yes, I don't like my life experiences to go to waste if I do not pass them down to the next generation...

Me: Do you think that I will be a good husband?
Friend: I think that you would be better at being a father that being a husband...

Travel
History of Architecture lessons made me want to visit 2 buildings -
the Hagia Sophia and the Sagrada Familia cathedral.
I can now check off the first one on my list; Barcelona, here I come...

Family
2008 is the year when we can finally draft a plan for an income-generating venture for the family. With my siblings growing up really fast, good old reliable can finally step back and work behind the scenes. Already my sisters' putting in place a Havaianas retail business which could generate capital for the restaurant/cafe that we have been planning to put up. It can happen or it won't, but the realization that I was never alone in my dream of upgrading my family's way of living already makes it one mission accomplished.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?