Saturday, June 04, 2005

Living for Moments like these

The blind man singing along Shaw avenue never fails to bring smiles on the people passing by this street day or night. I can hear people shuffling for some spare change whenever they come across this "street musician". Why not, hearing him sing brightens up our day. After a hectic day at the office, having to listen to someone singing his/her heart out can definitely perk one up like champorado on a cold, rainy day.

It has been a long time since I attended a fiesta of any sort so I decided to gome home to the province for the Donsol Town Fiesta. More importantly, I was able to spend time with my family before the summer ends. I am amazed at how my brothers and sisters have grown though they made me feel that I have never been away that long. There is indeed no place like home (to watch NBA or NFL games).

When you want peace and happiness, there is nothing like a manual labor to do that for you, so says God in Bruce Almighty. So I clip the grass and do my laundry, jog and lift weights just to break my sweat out. Peace you can find in doing something in silence, making each chore a meditative ritual. Happiness comes in the sense of achievement at the end of each chore.

So whether I am clipping grass or enjoying the game with my family back home or listening to street music or hugging a pillow to sleep, I know that these moments are what I live for.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?