Monday, March 07, 2005

Killer Pagong, Evading the Queen of Spades and Chasing the Boracay Sun

Normally, one would complain when they feel sand between their toes, the sun on the their backs and the salty wind on their faces. When you are in Boracay though, the only thing to complain about is how quick time flies when you are enjoying yourself.

Last week, we trooped to Boracay for our summer getaway. It's getting hot and humid in the city and one really needs to unwind after a whole year's (or more) worth of stress. The trip itself was well worth the wait (working out and keeping a trim figure, hehe!) and the hassle (of booking a flight and the endless bargaining). One gets to Boracay through air, land and sea making it both a traveller's dream and nightmare. One gets an instant reward for all his/her toils to get to the place upon setting foot on the beach. Unlike other beaches where the sand get super-heated, Boracay beaches remain cool and springy you can almost burrow under it's polvoron-like sand to hide from the sun. Of course the worth-a-thousand-pictures sunset, the pristine waters, colorful fishes and the beautiful people roaming about (bilog and mundo!) are all worth mentioning.

We passed the time playing cards and one companion introduced us to the game of Hearts. I knew the game sounded familiar, as they told me that it was the same card game on Windows that no one (as far as I know) plays. The game was simple enough and we were all enjoying it before long. Evading the Queen of Spades after draining a Boracay Grill Killer seemed an achievement of a lifetime, hehe!

I guess I will have to take the time to heal my sunburns (and my savings too) before I begin packing my bag(s) again. One things for sure though, it feels good to have sand between your toes, the sun on your back and the Boracay wind on your face.

Note: Killer Pagong was the name I gave for the henna tattoo that I got in Boracay.
You can view some of our pictures at - www.pbase.com/boracay2005
Comments:
hay. i miss summer. i miss boracay. invite us again next time. hehehe
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?