Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wang Wang Na?

The Week That Was.

Monday.
I spent all week preparing for this day, 2 NFL championships to watch for 1 whole day. It was my rest day so I was preparing for this all week. Unfortunately, the cable operators in our area has something different on their minds that Monday. Broadcast was lost at 11PM on Sunday and was restored at around 1PM the next day, making sure that I miss the games that I was waiting for all week.
I was starting to feel grumpy but the sun was shining bright and clear that morning, besides I can still watch the replay all week. A beautiful morning, a nice breakfast and a fresh-looking Kayan to send off to work was enough to brighten up an otherwise gloomy day (football is not everything, so I have learned).
I spent all day reading The Alienist.

Tuesday.
I started my "day" when most people were calling theirs' done and finished. It feels weird to be feeling "fresh" when all the people around you have this "spent" look. We were testing a new tool at work so everything was "new", well almost. I still get jitters using the new program, but it's fun re-learning the things that I have been doing for the past 1 year or so.

Wednesday.
I spent the first hours of my 26th year in this world in the office. I received a book (the first of many) for my birthday - The Little Prince, all hard-bound and glossy pages. I never get tired or reading the story of the little prince, and this book I plan to read down to my grand sons and grand daughters.

Thursday.
The word for the day is RED. I wore a red shirt to work, hehe!

Friday.
Finally, I was able to watch the championship game that I missed last Monday. Had a nice dinner on a posh restaurant, we had some testy moments with the waitress because of some misunderstanding though the night was so good to let such a small event ruin it.

Saturday.
I spent all day sleeping for my body to re-adjust to its "normal" rythmns and to prepare for Kayan's dinner treat. As it turned out, I overslept and was late for our meeting at around 8PM. She was quite clear when she told me earlier that I was to meet her at Diliman Republic, 7PM. I was was getting terribly late so I rushed to UP Village as fast as I can...
...only to find our friends and kayan waiting for me there. Apparently, she has been contacting my friends for the past weeks to prepare a surprise party for me (conspiracy!). The lack of sleep did me in, apparently they were waiting for me to jerk a tear or something (hehe!) but I was just too exhausted to register any reaction. I was touched, make no mistake about it. It was the first time that someone prepared a surprise party for me and it was obvious that I can't still believe that it was my party long after the food has been served. All in all, it was a nice evening to spend with friends and there was no lack of stories to tell. For me, it was a totally unexpected night and the best birthday gift that I have received in my 26 years. Thanks for all those who attended and the organizer, we should have evenings like that more often.

Sunday.
We were able to watch the Amazing Bird Show in the Bureau of Parks and Wildlife in QC. - a nice way to cap a long but fruitful week.

Thank you so much for all the greetings that I received through SMS during the week. If I was not able to send a Thank You message, I apologize. As I said earlier, we should organize some dinner get-together sometime, birthday or no birthday.








Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?