Wednesday, December 22, 2004

An Open Letter to Santa

Santa,

Hi! You may not remember me but I made it to your list some years (maybe even decades) ago. You have been missing our block since then, not that I care. It may be the constant change in address that you were not able to bring me my gifts anymore. It may be that I have been a bad boy all those years.

Well, I don't expect you to come this year either. I have been a bad boy and coals on my socks on Christmas would'nt surprise me much. Once again, I will not make it to your list though I know that I have done enough bad deeds this year to not merit anything from your bag of goodies.

I wrote not to plea my case, but to thank you for the things that you I was able to enjoy after the one time that you put something on the sock that I hung some Christmas ago.

Thank you for making me wear my heart on my sleeve this year. It put me through some "troubles" but at the end of the day, I can sleep fitfully knowing that I expressed what I felt.

Thanks you for making me appreciate the simple things that make me smile each day. I found happiness in listening to the blind man singing his heart out on the street, I found it in blowing bubbles and playing catch with my brother, in climbing a mountain, in painting a room, in watching somebody sleep...

Thank you for all the lessons that I learned this year, through the silence and the noise. Through the simple gaze and the lovely smile.

I may not receive anything from your bag of goodies, but I do have lot to make me happy each day. Thanks for that!

Looking Forward to Another Year,
Paolo





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?