Friday, October 29, 2004

Bedtime Story

I am awake.
I reach across my bed, finding only pillows. I am alone (again), it's not surprising though it's not very comforting either. I have been sleeping on my own for as long as I can remember and the few instances that I shared a bed I really enjoyed the warm, fuzzy feeling that you get waking up and looking at a dreamy-looking angel beside you. I always believed that people look their best when you see them straight out of bed - sans their make-up and their hang-ups. It's the time of the day when you can croak out a "good morning" and really mean it, and a smile can be the best thing that you receive all day.

Sharing a bed does not necessarily mean sex though it requires intimacy and trust. Morning breath and snoring is nothing compared to the scent some angel's hair and the joy of watching someone sleep peacefully. I also take pride in spoiling someone that I share my bed with with bedtime stories and back rubs. Talking the night away is'nt too bad either.

I prepare to sleep.
I reach across my bed and hold my pillow tight, wishing it were an angel tonight. The rain starts to fall.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?