Friday, July 16, 2004

If the Shoe Fits

It was just recently that I noticed that the best shoes I've had are those that required some "adjustments" of my poor. old soles. The first few days of wearing them resulted in blisters, pinched nerves and sprained ankles. Maybe the fact that they once hurt my feet made them special, as they almost always are the ones that I find difficult to replace.
 
The earliest pair of shoes that I can remember was a Mighty Kid blue canvass shoes. I've had some discomfort wearing them the first time, though afterwards they become so comfortable that I brought it during a school camping trip. It rained the whole week that we had the trip and my shoes, in my attempt to dry it over a camp fire, became the camp barbecue.
 
My high school days brought me my first pair of Nike Air, a wonderful gift from my Lola Alme. As glamorous as they seem, they seem to be a bit "too high" for me at first. Having been used to shoes that are low-cut, it seems that my ankles are too restricted by my new shoes. It was after a week or so, however that I finally got to enjoy my first Nikes. It was so comfortable that I was not able to find a replacement shoe for the next 2 years.
 
Replacing the pair of Nikes proved to be too difficult that I switched to leather shoes during that time. My affair with leathers did not last long, as I choose to wear sneakers instead. My sneakers were not able to survive the wear and tear that my college lifestyle demanded so I replaced them with my first mid-cut trainer shoes. The new trainer shoes that I had resulted in blisters so bad that I chose not to wear them for almost a week. It was only after washing them and having to pry them away from the teeth of a dog that my feet became "at home" with one of my favorite pair of shoes.
 
When I got a job, the first thing that I bought was my first pair of Diesels. Since they were the last pair of shoes that time, I had to settle for a more "baggy" fit as they an inch or more larger that my usual shoe size.
 
It was only lately that I had what I can consider the best pair of shoes that I've had. Like all the others before them, they started as pains in the sole. The back of the shoes are somewhat uncomfortable as they rub against the achilles tendon, otherwise they are perfect. At times, I almost feel as if I had rubbed my ankles raw, making me love my pair of shoes more. Not because of the pain that it is causing, but because there would be many more days when my feet and my shoes would finally fit each other perfectly.
 
 

Comments:
ei, nice work. welcome to blogworld. can i link you to my blog?

http://abet95.blogspot.com
 
ey, galing! lumalabas na ulit yung pagkawriter/poet mo. link na kita sa arkiboks ha, ala nang angal :)
 
hi! hirap tlaga mag-hanap ng perfect pair! for me, shopping for one would sometimes take a month.. :) link kita s blog ko a! here's my blog: http://blushnebula.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?